Tuesday, December 01, 2015

End of a very long walk

Fort de Berthaume
Finishing up the walking book routes, only just behind schedule. Now it will be a relief to sit down at my desk and finish all the texts. I ended up covering more ground than intended and more routes than will probably fit in the designated number of pages, but better too many than not enough at this stage. Very pleased to rewalk this last section, a linear route from Le Conquet to Plougonvelin. It's one of my favourites and a piece of coast I'll never tire of, even though high gusting winds on the cliffs this time made me cautious. Ended up at this magnificent fort in bright weather. Glad that my back-up was waiting with a car, but for those less fortunate and not on expenses, there's a bus back to the starting point if retracing all those kilometres is just too much to contemplate.

No comments: