Sunday, September 21, 2008

American Historical Trail?

And I've also got plenty of ideas for an American tourist trail in Brittany. Apart from the obvious WWI & WWII sites, there's Benjamin Franklin's visit in 1776 (before he was president), when he landed at Auray's exceptionally picturesque port of St-Goustan; Fulton's testing of the first submarine at Camaret in 1801; Jack Kerouac's family origins at Huelgoat - all fortunately highly attractive places to visit. And there are many more I'll keep to myself for now.

1 comment:

French Fancy... said...

Huelgoat's lovely and I didn't know about the Kerouac connection. I suppose it does have a French twang to it (his name I mean) now that I think about it.

(p.s. I think we both 'know' Sarah W. Well, I've bought some of her paintings and you are working on the tarot cards. Small world, eh?)