Thursday, August 28, 2008

cover pic


The Long Thought will going to press in a month or so and I'm starting work on the covers. I'm torn between symbolic wintry pictures or June splendour showing the canal at its best. This picture is my current favourite: it also connects to the opening scene of my new novel, which would be a neat transitional image. The infinite variety of the Nantes-Brest canal requires a whole book of photos to do it justice, but I've decided to do without pictures in the text, which can stand up for itself well enough, I hope.

3 comments:

An Gàidheal Pàganach said...

Is this a new fictional book? I'm sorry, but I've not read mention of it before.

WM said...

The Long Thought is a travelogue, reflections on my 365 kilometre walk along the Nantes-Brest canal in Brittany, so a mixture of history, description, personal narrative, walking psychology, etc. I have started a new novel - but it's nothing like the others ;-)

An Gàidheal Pàganach said...

365 kilometre walk? Well done!